The more we talk about mental health, the more we can start to break down the stigma surrounding it. Whilst we can’t publish everything that is submitted to us, we want to encourage as many people as possible to experience the cathartic experience of putting pen to paper.
We welcome writing on all angles of mental health, be it your own personal experience, your ideas or thoughts on the subject, news stories, advice, research, poems, artwork etc. Your motivation might be to educate, provide empathy, find community, simply share.
- We do have some editorial guidelines for stories being submitted to us, please read those here
- Feel free to take a look at the blogging ideas here, or at our existing content for inspiration
- Please provide some basic details about yourself, name, image and e-mail address.
- You may choose to post anonymously if you wish
- You may submit content that has already been published on the web (as long as you won the rights to it), however please provide an existing link when doing so
We reserve the right to edit content for grammatical purposes, clarity or to stick to the guidelines. Any significant changes will be checked with you prior to publishing.
1 in 4 is run by a very small team so please bear with us if you do not hear back from us straight away.